Georgetown Law Magazine (formerly Res Ipsa Loquitur)
About the CollectionFrom the cover of the Fall 1977 Res Ipsa Loquitur: "In November 1936 the first issue of Res Ipsa Loquitur was published as an alumni oriented tabloid/newspaper...For four years the paper continued to bring news and information to Georgetown alumni until in 1941 publication was suspended. When Res Ipsa Loquitur reappeared ten years later as the school newspaper, it was sponsored by the newly founded Student Bar Association... As the school's quarterly means of news, the paper fared well for several years. In 1965, Volume 18 announced a change to the magazine format...Unfortunately, the magazine gained a reputation as controversial as the times in which it was published. Yet another form is part of Res Ipsa Loquitur's history. Recent graduates may recall it as a journal of public interest and the law, published primarily by evening students."
Beginning with the Fall 1994 issue, the magazine changed its name to Georgetown Law, and "Res Ipsa Loquitur" was retained as a subtititle.
Beginning with the Spring-Summer 2017 issue, Res Ipsa Loquitur was no longer used as a subtitle; the name became simply Georgetown Law.