Catholic Association for International Peace Pamphlets
The Catholic Association for International Peace (CAIP) was created in 1927 by the Social Action Department of the National Catholic Welfare Council for the purpose of studying, applying, and promoting Catholic social teachings about war, peace, justice, and human rights. The association was comprised of intellectuals of both the clergy and laity. Of special note is that from the beginning many women religious and lay women played prominent roles in participating in the association’s work. The CAIP published pamphlets in order to reach a broad audience of Catholics so they could be educated about the pressing ideas and activities to promote international peace. The selection of CAIP Pamphlets housed in Woodstock Theological Library cover the years 1928, when the first pamphlet was issued, to 1947.