Subseries 4.05: LaPlata (Charles County, Md.), 1874 - 1966
In 1926, the Maryland Province established its House at LaPlata, the capital of Charles County, Maryland, with the Church of the Sacred Heart as its seat. In 1966, the Jesuits transferred the parishes served by the LaPlata House to the Archdiocese of Washington. This subseries consists of Historia Domus, diaries, financial records, memorials of visitation, and historical notes and ephemera.NOTE: Most materials dated 1900 and later have not been digitized. Materials dating 1900-1939 are available for research use at the Booth Family Center for Special Collections. All materials dated 1940 and later are restricted.