Old South at Georgetown University, as viewed from the south side
Georgetown College (1789-1815)
Old South, the first building on campus, was completed in 1791. Originally named for Georgetown's founder, John Carroll, it came to be known as the South Building once the North Building (now known as Old North) was built. During the Civil War, the 69th Regiment of New York used Old South as barracks after being summoned to Washington in 1861. The building was razed in 1904 to make room for Ryan Hall.
All Rights Reserved by Georgetown University Library.
Showing items related by title, author, creator and subject.