Students and faculty gathered in the Quad at Georgetown University to look at fire damage to Mulledy Hall
William C. McHenry, 1631 Monroe Street, N.W., Washington D.C.
On the morning of February 27, 1947, a three-alarm fire swept through the upper floors of Mulledy Hall. A firefighter broke his leg while fighting the blaze but that, according to accounts in 'The Hoya,' was the only fire-related injury. Edmund A. Walsh, S.J., Regent of the Foreign Service School, returned to the burning building to rescue a large number of photostatic copies of Nuremberg trial documents. These were used in the writing of his book, 'Total Power: A Footnote To History,' published in 1949. The building was subsequently repaired and the fourth floor and roof were rebuilt, although to a different configuration.
All Rights Reserved by Georgetown University Library.
Showing items related by title, author, creator and subject.
The Most Rev. Philip M. Hannan, Auxiliary Bishop of Washington, assisted by University President Edward B. Bunn, S.J., blesses the carillon console in Healy Hall at Georgetown University Georgetown University Office of Public Relations (1956-10)
Delano, William Adams (Delano & Aldrich); 1874 NYC - 1960; Aldrich, Chester Holmes (Delano & Aldrich); 1871 Providence - 1940 (1926)