Georgetown University Dental Hygiene student with props from a "Vegetable Puppet Show," designed to promote healthy eating habits in children
The first female student entered the DDS program at Georgetown in 1954. However, prior to that, there had been a female presence in the Dental School. A one year Dental Hygiene program, restricted solely to women students, was begun in 1929. An intensive 35 week course, it consisted of lectures, recitations, and lab work, as well as practice in assisting in clinics. The program was terminated in 1937 due to declining enrollment.Repository: Booth Family Center for Special Collections. For more information about this collection please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
All Rights Reserved by Georgetown University Library.
Showing items related by title, author, creator and subject.
Anonymous (Georgetown University, 1935)