Georgetown University dental student with patient
Georgetown University Archives, Booth Family Center for Special Collections, Washington, D.C.
Georgetown University acquired the Washington Dental College, the first dental college in the city, in 1901. The college was re-named the Dental Department of Georgetown University and one of the college's founders, Dr. William N. Cogan, was elected dean. In 1920 the first x-ray machine was installed. The school was originally housed in an addition to the School of Medicine building at 920 H Street, NW, but moved, along with the School of Medicine, onto the Georgetown campus in 1930. Applications to the school began to decline in the late 1970's, a pattern that reflected a national trend, and, in 1987, the decision was made to phase out the school by the summer of 1990.Repository: Booth Family Center for Special Collections. For more information about this collection please email: email@example.com
For more information about copyright for materials within DigitalGeorgetown, please consult https://www.library.georgetown.edu/copyright/digitalgeorgetown.
5.5 in. x 8.25 in.
Showing items related by title, author, creator and subject.