Dramatic Association of Georgetown College in front of Old North building
Georgetown University Archives, Booth Family Center for Special Collections, Washington, D.C.
Drama was an important element in Jesuit pedagogy, providing a means of reaching beyond the classroom to the larger community. Mention of dramatic performances at Georgetown can be found as early as the 1790s but it was not until the formation of a Shakespearean Club in 1850 that the first organized drama group appeared on campus. The Club was reconstituted in 1853 as the Dramatic Association of Georgetown College.Repository: Booth Family Center for Special Collections. For more information about this collection please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information about copyright for materials within DigitalGeorgetown, please consult https://www.library.georgetown.edu/copyright/digitalgeorgetown.
8.75 in. x 5.5 in.
MetadataShow full item record
Showing items related by title, author, creator and subject.
Old Archives: Dramatic Association/Mask and Bauble Club Georgetown University Archives (1853-1971)