Show simple item record

Files in this item

Graduates of the Georgetown University School of Nursing on the steps of the University Hospital, 1917
dc.creatoren
dc.date.accessioned2012-02-02T20:26:49Zen
dc.date.available2012-02-02T20:26:49Zen
dc.date.created1917en
dc.date.issueden
dc.identifier.otherAPT-BAG: georgetown.edu.10822_552737.tar;APT-ETAG: ab5e2a2a50c1d7fae2595390b89524a8; APT-DATE: 2017-09-11_11:43:51en
dc.identifier.urien
dc.descriptionIn 1903, the School of Nursing was established to provide support for the University Hospital which had opened in 1898. The hospital was managed by the Sisters of St. Francis but, as the facility expanded, the order was not able to supply enough sisters to staff it. The university, therefore, created a training school for nurses run by the order. Students were initially required to live at the hospital as the school did not have its own residence. Nursing education began as a three year diploma program. In 1944, a five year program was introduced with two academic and three clinical years. The five year program gave way to an integrated four year degree in 1951.en
dc.descriptionRepository: Booth Family Center for Special Collections. For more information about this collection please email: speccoll@georgetown.eduen
dc.formatJPEGen
dc.formatblack-and-white photographsen
dc.format.extent8.75 in. x 6.5 in.en
dc.format.mediumphotographic printen
dc.publisherGeorgetown Universityen
dc.rights.urihttp://rightsstatements.org/vocab/CNE/1.0/
dc.subjectLearning environmenten
dc.subjectStudentsen
dc.subject.lcshGeorgetown University. School of Nursingen
dc.subject.lcshGeorgetown University Hospitalen
dc.subject.lcshNurses--Washington (D.C.)en
dc.subject.lcshNursing schools--Washington (D.C.)en
dc.subject.lcshGeorgetown University. School of Nursing--Studentsen
dc.titleGraduates of the Georgetown University School of Nursing on the steps of the University Hospital, 1917en
dc.typeimageen
dc.contributor.repositoryDigitalGeorgetown
dc.contributor.repositoryGeorgetown University Archives, Booth Family Center for Special Collections, Washington, D.C.
dc.rights.noteFor more information about copyright for materials within DigitalGeorgetown, please consult https://www.library.georgetown.edu/copyright/digitalgeorgetown.


This item appears in the following Collection(s)

Show simple item record