Law School class at Georgetown University with Prof. Charles A. Keigwin, 1932
Georgetown University Archives, Booth Family Center for Special Collections, Washington, D.C.
Georgetown University's Law Department opened in 1870 with twenty-five students, including one from Cuba, and a faculty of six. Tuition was $50 per year. Initially a two-year evening school, most of the students worked by day in government agencies. In 1898, course work for the Bachelor of Laws degree was expanded to three years, a change that was made well ahead of most law schools in the country. Early lectures were held in rented space at the American Colonization Building on Pennsylvania Avenue, site of the present East Wing of the National Gallery of Art, but the school would change location five times until it settled in its current home on New Jersey Avenue in 1971.Repository: Booth Family Center for Special Collections. For more information about this collection please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information about copyright for materials within DigitalGeorgetown, please consult https://www.library.georgetown.edu/copyright/digitalgeorgetown.
9.75 in. x 7.5 in.