Show simple item record

Files in this item

Law School class at Georgetown University with Prof. Charles A. Keigwin, 1932
dc.creatoren
dc.date.accessioned2012-02-02T20:26:50Zen
dc.date.available2012-02-02T20:26:50Zen
dc.date.created1932en
dc.date.issueden
dc.identifier.otherAPT-BAG: georgetown.edu.10822_552743.tar;APT-ETAG: aa796d40a1da6bb5a9aff836dd193571; APT-DATE: 2017-09-11_12:03:52en
dc.identifier.urien
dc.descriptionGeorgetown University's Law Department opened in 1870 with twenty-five students, including one from Cuba, and a faculty of six. Tuition was $50 per year. Initially a two-year evening school, most of the students worked by day in government agencies. In 1898, course work for the Bachelor of Laws degree was expanded to three years, a change that was made well ahead of most law schools in the country. Early lectures were held in rented space at the American Colonization Building on Pennsylvania Avenue, site of the present East Wing of the National Gallery of Art, but the school would change location five times until it settled in its current home on New Jersey Avenue in 1971.en
dc.descriptionRepository: Booth Family Center for Special Collections. For more information about this collection please email: speccoll@georgetown.eduen
dc.formatJPEGen
dc.formatblack-and-white photographsen
dc.format.extent9.75 in. x 7.5 in.en
dc.format.mediumphotographic printen
dc.publisherGeorgetown Universityen
dc.rights.urihttp://rightsstatements.org/vocab/CNE/1.0/
dc.subjectLearning environmenten
dc.subjectTeachersen
dc.subjectStudentsen
dc.subject.lcshGeorgetown University. School of Lawen
dc.subject.lcshGeorgetown University. School of Law--Studentsen
dc.subject.lcshStudents--Washington (D.C.)en
dc.subject.lcshKeigwin, Charles A. (Charles Albert), 1862-1940en
dc.subject.lcshTeachers--Washington (D.C.)en
dc.titleLaw School class at Georgetown University with Prof. Charles A. Keigwin, 1932en
dc.typeimageen
dc.contributor.repositoryDigitalGeorgetown
dc.contributor.repositoryGeorgetown University Archives, Booth Family Center for Special Collections, Washington, D.C.
dc.rights.noteFor more information about copyright for materials within DigitalGeorgetown, please consult https://www.library.georgetown.edu/copyright/digitalgeorgetown.


This item appears in the following Collection(s)

Show simple item record