Show simple item record

Files in this item

Third Grammar Class, Second Section, on the steps of Healy Hall at Georgetown University
dc.creatoren
dc.date.accessioned2012-02-02T20:26:51Zen
dc.date.available2012-02-02T20:26:51Zen
dc.date.created1895-03en
dc.date.issueden
dc.identifier.otherAPT-BAG: georgetown.edu.10822_552759.tar;APT-ETAG: 3cd9f5e81924c4df1eda487662f83098; APT-DATE: 2017-09-11_10:43:29en
dc.identifier.urien
dc.descriptionThird Grammar was the second of the three classes in Georgetown's Preparatory Division. Younger students had been enrolled at Georgetown from its earliest days. The University's original admission requirements, as set down by John Carroll, allowed for children as young as eight years old to be enrolled, provided they knew how to read. In 1870, it was decided that no students younger than twelve could be accepted, twelve having been determined to be "an age at which one is capable of appreciating the advantages of college life." The admission age was raised to thirteen in 1894. The Prep Division became formally known as the Georgetown College Preparatory School in 1899 and planning began for the School to move to a new site. Land near Garrett Park, Montgomery County, Maryland was purchased for this purpose in 1915 and, in 1919, the Georgetown Preparatory School opened at the Garrett Park campus. Legal ties to Georgetown University were severed in 1927.en
dc.descriptionRepository: Booth Family Center for Special Collections. For more information about this collection please email: speccoll@georgetown.eduen
dc.formatJPEGen
dc.formatblack-and-white photographsen
dc.format.extent8.5 in. x 6.5 in.en
dc.format.mediumphotographic printen
dc.publisherGeorgetown Universityen
dc.rights.urihttp://rightsstatements.org/vocab/CNE/1.0/
dc.subjectLearning environmenten
dc.subjectStudentsen
dc.subject.lcshGeorgetown Preparatory Schoolen
dc.subject.lcshPreparatory schools--Washington (D.C.)en
dc.subject.lcshGeorgetown University. Healy Hallen
dc.titleThird Grammar Class, Second Section, on the steps of Healy Hall at Georgetown Universityen
dc.typeimageen
dc.contributor.repositoryDigitalGeorgetown
dc.contributor.repositoryGeorgetown University Archives, Booth Family Center for Special Collections, Washington, D.C.
dc.rights.noteFor more information about copyright for materials within DigitalGeorgetown, please consult https://www.library.georgetown.edu/copyright/digitalgeorgetown.


This item appears in the following Collection(s)

Show simple item record