Show simple item record

Files in this item

SS. Peter and Paul Cathedral Interior, Nave Looking toward Apse
dc.creatoren
dc.date.accessioned2012-03-08T16:57:27Zen
dc.date.available2012-03-08T16:57:27Zen
dc.date.created1989-11en
dc.date.issueden
dc.identifier.otherAPT-BAG: georgetown.edu.10822_554296.tar;APT-ETAG: cf5179577ba115f6ef8aeb945da0eafd; APT-DATE: 2017-02-21_14:33:03en
dc.identifier.urien
dc.descriptionThe Cathedral of Saints Peter and Paul, Indianapolis, Indiana, U.S.A., was designed and built by architect William Whetton Renwick of New York in 1906-07. Its facade was completed in 1936; at the same time, some of its interior elements were renovated. But by the late 1970s the building was deteriorating. Bishop George J. Biskup decided to act; his successor, Bishop Edward T. O'Meara (1980-1992) carried out the renovations. Minnesota architect Edward A. Sövik supervised modifications, redesigning the aging cathedral into a worship space that reflects the Second Vatican Council's liturgical theology and subsequent ritual reforms. Saints Peter and Paul Cathedral was rededicated May 14, 1986. ca. November 1989en
dc.formatImage/jpegen
dc.relationThe Rev. Paul L. Cioffi, S.J. Images Collectionen
dc.rights.urihttp://rightsstatements.org/vocab/InC/1.0/
dc.subjectChurch buildingsen
dc.subjectApses (Architecture)en
dc.subjectChurchesen
dc.subjectNavesen
dc.subjectSanctuaries (religious building spaces)en
dc.titleSS. Peter and Paul Cathedral Interior, Nave Looking toward Apseen
dc.coverageIndianapolis (Ind.); Neoclassical; Renovationen
dc.contributor.repositoryDigital Georgetown
dc.rights.noteFor more information about copyright for materials within DigitalGeorgetown, please consult https://www.library.georgetown.edu/copyright/digitalgeorgetown.


This item appears in the following Collection(s)

Show simple item record