SS. Peter and Paul Cathedral, Nave Furnished with Movable Seating
Cioffi, Paul L., 1928-2004
Sövik, Edward Anders, 1918-
The Cathedral of Saints Peter and Paul was built in 1905-07, renovated and, in some of its elements, completed in 1936. But by the late 1970s the building was deteriorating. Bishop George J. Biskup decided to act; his successor, Bishop Edward T. O'Meara (1980-1992) carried out the renovations. Minnesota architect Edward A. Sövik supervised modifications, redesigning the aging cathedral into a worship space that reflects the Second Vatican Council's liturgical theology and subsequent ritual reforms. Renovation included replacing the old fixed pews with movable seating that affords more flexibility in the arrangement of the space. Saints Peter and Paul Cathedral was rededicated May 14, 1986. ca. November 1989
For more information about re-use and reproduction of this image, please refer to: http://www.georgetown.edu/copyright-information/
Showing items related by title, author, creator and subject.