Chancellor Edward B. Bunn, S.J., Director of Libraries James B. Horigan, S.J., and University President Gerard J. Campbell, S.J., break ground for a new library at Georgetown University
Georgetown College (1789-1815)
President Campbell noted at the groundbreaking that 'for the undergraduate, the library will mean an important avenue of access to the general reservoir of ideas . . . For the faculty and their successors in the next generation, the graduate students, the library will be the scholars' workshop, indispensable to their efforts not simply to define and disseminate the existing body of knowledge, but even more to extend its present limits . . . And for our alumni and friends, for that wider community in which Georgetown resides, it will mean a sharing in our intellectual resources, which our physical limitations have hitherto made difficult . . .'
All Rights Reserved by Georgetown University Library.
Showing items related by title, author, creator and subject.