Yates Field House at Georgetown University
Georgetown College (1789-1815)
The student recreation center for the Main Campus, Yates Field House, was completed in 1980. Yates was built so that the University's athletic facilities would comply with federal regulations mandating equal facilities for men and women. It honors Gerard F. Yates, S.J., who spent 40 years at Georgetown, as Professor of Government, Dean of the Graduate School, director of international student programs, foreign student advisor, and as a long-time member of the Chimes singing group.
All Rights Reserved by Georgetown University Library.
Showing items related by title, author, creator and subject.