'The Tree' at Georgetown University (center), with White-Gravenor in the background and Healy and Copley Halls to the left
Georgetown College (1789-1815)
Beginning in the 1930s, 'The Tree,' a maple at the south entrance to Copley Hall, was a traditional gathering place for students. A seat underneath it and the surrounding area were dedicated in 1945 by the parents of Richard F. Hoffman (C'1943), who was killed in action during World War II, in the memory of their son and 'all the Georgetown heroes of World War II.'
All Rights Reserved by Georgetown University Library.
Showing items related by title, author, creator and subject.