'The Stump' at Georgetown University, with Ryan Administration Building in the background
Georgetown University News Service
Georgetown College (1789-1815)
'The Tree' was toppled by a storm in 1963. However, students continued to meet at 'The Stump' until October 1967, when University gardeners uprooted it. John J. Cotter (C'1946, L'1949) donated money for a new tree to be planted in its place. The new tree was planted in April 1968 with a plaque in honor of Mr. Cotter's father, D. Harold Cotter (L'1924.)
All Rights Reserved by Georgetown University Library.
Showing items related by title, author, creator and subject.