Exterior of the Black Student House at Georgetown University, with Black Student Alliance members, Lynn Johnson, Conan Louis, and Paula Scott
Georgetown University Archives, Booth Family Center for Special Collections, Washington, D.C.
Georgetown College (1789-1815)
The first Black Student House was located at 3919 O Street. A yellow townhouse, it had a distinctive black, red and green front door. The House was created after a group of black students met with University President Robert J. Henle, S.J., to discuss their needs and to ask for more services.
For more information about copyright for materials within DigitalGeorgetown, please consult https://www.library.georgetown.edu/copyright/digitalgeorgetown.
Showing items related by title, author, creator and subject.