Visitors from the Visitation Academy and Georgetown students on the steps of Healy Hall
Georgetown College (1789-1815)
In 1799, a formal religious community according to the Visitandine rule and a school for girls were founded near what are now 35th and P Streets, N.W., under the guidance of College President Fr. Leonard Neale. The school became known as “The Young Ladies’ Academy of the Visitation at Georgetown.”
All Rights Reserved by Georgetown University Library.
Showing items related by title, author, creator and subject.