Loyola Hall at Georgetown University
Georgetown College (1789-1815)
The building originally opened as a wing of the Georgetown University Hospital in 1928. From this time until 1947, it housed offices, nurses' quarters, patient rooms, and clinical facilities. Between 1947 and 1956, the building was used exclusively by the Nursing School and was given the name St. Joseph's Hall. Since 1956, it has served a variety of non-medical purposes, including housing the International Student Exchange Program, the Center for Immigration Policy and Refugee Assistance, ROTC, and student dormitories. Perhaps the most famous resident of Loyola Hall was Bill Clinton, who lived there during the 1964-65 school year. In 1994, Loyola Hall was renovated and connected to Xavier and Ryder Halls via a bridge.
All Rights Reserved by Georgetown University Library.
Showing items related by title, author, creator and subject.
The Most Rev. Philip M. Hannan, Auxiliary Bishop of Washington, assisted by University President Edward B. Bunn, S.J., blesses the carillon console in Healy Hall at Georgetown University Georgetown University Office of Public Relations (1956-10)