O'Gara Hall at Georgetown University
Walsh, W. F.
O'Gara Hall was named in honor of Martin J. O'Gara, S.J., who died in a plane crash returning from WWII after serving as a military chaplain. The plane did not have enough parachutes and O'Gara gave up his to save the life of a fellow passenger. O'Gara Hall served as an infirmary but was later converted to dorm space. The building was razed in 1984 to make room for Village C.
All Rights Reserved by Georgetown University Library.
Showing items related by title, author, creator and subject.
The Most Rev. Philip M. Hannan, Auxiliary Bishop of Washington, assisted by University President Edward B. Bunn, S.J., blesses the carillon console in Healy Hall at Georgetown University Georgetown University Office of Public Relations (1956-10)