Flag presented to Lourdes by Georgetown University students in June 1874
Georgetown College (1789-1815)
Two Georgetown students, Frank and Eugene Ives, made a pilgrimage to Lourdes, France, and Rome, Italy, in 1874. They took with them an American flag, eight feet by five feet. The flag, after it was blessed by the Pope, was presented to the Church of Notre Dame de Lourdes. It hung in the church's sanctuary for many years and was then returned to the University.
All Rights Reserved by Georgetown University Library.
Showing items related by title, author, creator and subject.
Green Gate: Georgetown Visitation Convent Junior College and College Preparatory Department Yearbook, June 1942 Georgetown University Library Booth Family Center for Special Collections; Georgetown University Archives (1942)