Veneration of the Relic of St. Francis Xavier on the porch of Old North
In November 1949, the Relic of St. Francis Xavier arrived in Washington, D.C., for public veneration at churches in the area. On November 9, 1949, the Relic was brought from Holy Trinity Church to a specially erected altar on the porch of Old North by members of the College Student Council and of the Jesuit Community. Standing next to the Relic in the center of the photograph are Fr. Edward Jacklin, S.J., Dean of the College (left) and Georgetown President J. Hunter Guthrie, S.J. (right.)
All Rights Reserved by Georgetown University Library.
Showing items related by title, author, creator and subject.
Hollar, Wenzel; 1607 - 1677 (1656)