Dedication of the Children's Wing at Georgetown University Hospital by U.S. President Harry S. Truman
The Children's Wing was dedicated to Franklin D. Roosevelt. Pictured, left to right: President Truman; Elliott Roosevelt; Philip Murray, CIO President; the Most Rev. Amleto Giovanni Cicognani, Apostolic Delegate; Lawrence C. Gorman, S.J., President of Georgetown; and Paul A. McNally, S.J., Dean and Regent of the Georgetown's Medical School. The CIO was the largest single contributor to the new Georgetown University Hospital (which opened in 1947), giving $55,000 towards the Wing.
All Rights Reserved by Georgetown University Library.
Showing items related by title, author, creator and subject.
U.S. President Dwight D. Eisenhower speaking at the dedication of the Edmund A. Walsh Memorial Building at Georgetown University Georgetown University News Service (1958-10-13)
Reni Photos (1954)