Students from Georgetown's School of Foreign Service laying a wreath at the tomb of Simon Bolivar in Caracas
Luis F. Toro
Georgetown College (1789-1815)
The Foreign Service School began classes in February 1919, with an initial enrollment of 62. In June and July of 1920, a group of students from the School went to Venezuela to study trade and economic conditions. The students stayed with local families to practice their Spanish. This trip may be the first study abroad program undertaken by an American University.
All Rights Reserved by Georgetown University Library.
Showing items related by title, author, creator and subject.
Department of History: Syllabi (College of Arts and Sciences, Graduate School, School of Foreign Service) Georgetown University Library Booth Family Center for Special Collections; Georgetown University Archives (1959-1960)