Woodstock Theological Library Collections
The Woodstock Theological Center Library is one of the oldest and most notable Catholic theological libraries in the United States. Founded in 1869 at Woodstock College (outside Baltimore, Maryland), it sojourned from 1969 to 1974 at Columbia University. With the 1974 closing of Woodstock's New York incarnation, the library moved to Georgetown University, Washington, DC, to become the research tool for the Woodstock Theological Center. Owned by the Maryland and New York provinces of the Society of Jesus (Jesuits), Woodstock is currently housed as a separate collection in Georgetown's Joseph Mark Lauinger Library for use by students, faculty, and scholars of Georgetown University, those of the Washington Theological Consortium, and scholars worldwide. Woodstock remains an important repository of 400 years’ worth of primary Jesuit and Catholic resources, but also, with generous support from Georgetown University, an up-to-date resource for contemporary Jesuit, Roman Catholic, and, recently, interfaith studies.